For cats prone to struvite and calcium oxalate uroliths.
Clinically proven to dissolve struvite stones in as little as 14 days.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Magnesium; Phosphorus; Calcium Reduced Decreases urinary concentration of struvite constituents (magnesium and phosphate) and calcium oxalate constituents. Sodium Controlled Helps maintain healthy kidney function. Citrate Added Forms soluble complexes with calcium to inhibit calcium oxalate formation. Target urinary pH Acid: pH 6.2 - 6.4 Discourages the formation and aggregation of struvite crystals without encouraging the formation of oxalate crystals. Water Increased in pouches and canned formulas Increases urinary volume to dilute the constituents of all uroliths. Formulas 5 (2 pouches 1 can & 2 dry). Increases choice to encourage acceptance. Vitamin E; Beta-carotene Added Helps neutralise free radicals to help combat urolithiasis. Vitamin C Not added It is a precursor of oxalate
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
- Initial nutritional management of cats with any type of Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD), including crystalluria and/or urolithiasis from any cause, urethral plugs and idiopathic cystitis
- Dissolution of sterile struvite stones
- Long-term nutritional management of cats prone to:
- Struvite, calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate** crystals and uroliths (reduction of occurrence and recurrence)
- Urethral plugs (almost exclusively associated with struvite or calcium phosphate crystals)
- Idiopathic FLUTD (especially c/d Multicare Feline pouch or canned formulas)
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Clinically proven to dissolve struvite stones in as little as 14 days.11
- Do not give urinary acidifiers when feeding c/d™ Multicare Feline
- Monitor the urine, to ensure the target urinary pH is maintained, and if necessary eliminate urinary tract infection.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
Reasons to change from Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Multicare Feline in cases of FLUTD are:
- To dissolve larger or multiple sterile struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet™ s/d™ Feline.
- For FLUTD caused by urate, cystine or xanthine uroliths: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline.
- ** If calcium phosphate is present as brushite: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline
- For overweight and obese-prone cats with FLUTD: Prescription DietTM c/d™ Multicare Feline Reduced Calorie
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the optimal body weight.
Body Weight (kg) Dry grams 2 30 - 40 3 40 - 55 4 50 - 70 5 60 - 85 6 70 - 95 7 + 13 per kg
Mixed Feeding Guide
Body Weight (kg) Cans 156 g Dry grams 2 1/2 15 3 1/2 30 4 1 20 5 1 30 6 1 40 7 + 1 8 per kg
Mixed Feeding Guide
Body Weight (kg) Pouches 85g Dry grams 2 1 20 3 1 30 4 1 45 5 1 55 6 1 65 7 + 1 11 per kg
Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Multicare Feline is a complete dietetic pet food for the reduction of struvite stone recurrence (cause of feline lower urinary tract disease, FLUTD) in adult cats.This dietetic pet food has urine acidifying properties and contains a moderate level of magnesium.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Chicken: Brewers' rice, chicken (32%) and turkey meal, wheat, maize gluten meal, animal fat, soybean oil, minerals, digest, fish oil, vitamins, taurine, trace elements and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
3878 kcal/kg (388 kcal/cup)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 31.8 33.7 8.2 g / 100 kcal Fat 15.5 16.4 4.0 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 0.9 1.0 0.2 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 41.1 43.5 10.6 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.74 0.79 192 mg / 100 kcal Phospohorus 0.65 0.69 169 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.35 0.37 91 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.65 0.68 167 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.069 0.073 18 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.23 0.24 61 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 648 IU/kg 686 IU/kg 16.71 IU / 100 kcal Omega-3-fatty acids 0.71 0.75 183 mg / 100 kcal Omega-6-fatty acids 3.23 3.42 833 mg / 100 kcal Crude Ash 5.1 5.4 1.3 g / 100 kcal Beta-carotene 3.39 ppm 3.58 ppm 0.09 mg / 100 kcal Sulphur 0.71 0.75 182.13 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 6017 IU/kg 6367 IU/kg 155 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin D 640 IU/kg 677 IU/kg 16.5 IU / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Multicare Feline Chicken contains 4.4 oz. by weight.