For cats prone to Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC).
Nutrition clinically proven to reduce the recurrence of FIC signs by 89%*.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS L-tryptophan & milk protein hydrolysate Added To control stress, a known risk factor for the major cause of FLUTD. Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) Supplemented To help break the cycle of inflammation. GAGs (glycosaminoglycans) Supplemented Natural components of the urinary bladder mucosa. Magnesium Phosphorus Calcium Reduced Decreases urinary concentration of struvite constituents (magnesium and phosphate) and calcium oxalate constituents. Sodium Controlled Helps maintain healthy kidney function. Citrate Added Forms soluble complexes with calcium to inhibit calcium oxalate formation. Target urinary pH Acid: pH 6.2 - 6.4 Discourages the formation and aggregation of struvite crystals without encouraging the formation of oxalate crystals. Water Increased in pouch formulas Increases urinary volume to dilute the constituents of all uroliths. Vitamin E & Beta-carotene Added Helps neutralise free radicals to help combat urolithiasis. Vitamin C Not added It is a precursor of oxalate.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
- Initial nutritional management of cats with Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD), including feline idiopathic cystitis (FIC), crystalluria and/or urolithiasis and urethral plugs.
- Dissolution of sterile struvite stones.
- Long-term nutritional management of cats prone to:
- Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC).
- Struvite, calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate** crystals and uroliths (reduction of recurrence).
- Urethral plugs (almost exclusively associated with struvite or calcium phosphate crystals).
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens.
- Nutrition clinically proven to reduce the risk of recurrence of FLUTD signs by 89%.8
- Nutrition clinically proven to dissolve struvite stones in as little as 14 days.8
- Do not give urinary acidifiers when feeding c/d™ Feline Urinary Stress.
- Monitor the urine to ensure the target urinary pH is maintained and if necessary eliminate urinary tract infection.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
Reasons to change from Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Feline Urinary Stress in cases of FLUTD are:
- To dissolve large or multiple sterile struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet™ s/d™ Feline.
- For FLUTD caused by urate, cystine or xanthine uroliths: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline.
- **If calcium phosphate is present as brushite: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline.
- For overweight and obese-prone cats with FLUTD: Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Multicare Feline Reduced Calorie
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
DAILY FEEDING AMOUNTS
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats’ needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
Daily Feeding Guide
Body Weight(kg) Dry grams 2 30 - 40 3 40 - 55 4 50 - 70 5 60 - 85 6 70 - 95 7 + 12 per kg
Mixed Daily Feeding Guide
Body Weight(kg) Pouches 85g Dry grams 2 1 15 3 1 30 4 1 40 5 1 55 6 1 65 7 + 1 10 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Chicken: Brewer’s rice, chicken (32%) and turkey meat meal, wheat, maize gluten meal, animal fat, digest, minerals, fish oil, soybean oil, vitamins, DL-methionine, L-lysine, taurine, milk protein hydrolysate, L-tryptophan, crustacean hydrolysate, trace elements, pork cartilage hydrolysate. Naturally preserved with natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
3869 kcal/kg (387 kcal/cup)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 32.2 34.1 8.3 g / 100 kcal Fat 15.6 16.5 4.0 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 0.9 1.0 0.2 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 40.4 42.8 10.4 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.68 0.72 175 mg / 100 kcal Phospohorus 0.67 0.71 174 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.37 0.39 96 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.83 0.88 215 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.065 0.069 17 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.23 0.24 60 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 597 IU/kg 632 IU/kg 15.44 IU / 100 kcal DHA 0.145 0.153 37.5 mg / 100 kcal Omega-3-fatty acids 0.73 0.77 188 mg / 100 kcal Omega-6-fatty acids 3.28 3.47 847 mg / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Urinary Stress Feline Chicken contains oz. by weight.