For cats prone to Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC).
Nutrition clinically proven to reduce the recurrence of FIC signs by 89%*.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS L-tryptophan & milk protein hydrolysate Added To control stress, a known risk factor for the major cause of FLUTD. Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) Supplemented To help break the cycle of inflammation. GAGs (glycosaminoglycans) Supplemented Natural components of the urinary bladder mucosa. Magnesium Phosphorus Calcium Reduced Decreases urinary concentration of struvite constituents (magnesium and phosphate) and calcium oxalate constituents. Sodium Controlled Helps maintain healthy kidney function. Citrate Added Forms soluble complexes with calcium to inhibit calcium oxalate formation. Target urinary pH Acid: pH 6.2 - 6.4 Discourages the formation and aggregation of struvite crystals without encouraging the formation of oxalate crystals. Water Increased in pouch formulas Increases urinary volume to dilute the constituents of all uroliths. Vitamin E & Beta-carotene Added Helps neutralise free radicals to help combat urolithiasis. Vitamin C Not added It is a precursor of oxalate.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
- Initial nutritional management of cats with Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD), including feline idiopathic cystitis (FIC), crystalluria and/or urolithiasis and urethral plugs.
- Dissolution of sterile struvite stones.
- Long-term nutritional management of cats prone to:
- Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC).
- Struvite, calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate** crystals and uroliths (reduction of recurrence).
- Urethral plugs (almost exclusively associated with struvite or calcium phosphate crystals).
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens.
- Nutrition clinically proven to reduce the risk of recurrence of FLUTD signs by 89%.8
- Nutrition clinically proven to dissolve struvite stones in as little as 14 days.8
- Do not give urinary acidifiers when feeding c/d™ Feline Urinary Stress.
- Monitor the urine to ensure the target urinary pH is maintained and if necessary eliminate urinary tract infection.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
Reasons to change from Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Feline Urinary Stress in cases of FLUTD are:
- To dissolve large or multiple sterile struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet™ s/d™ Feline.
- For FLUTD caused by urate, cystine or xanthine uroliths: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline.
- **If calcium phosphate is present as brushite: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline.
- For overweight and obese-prone cats with FLUTD: Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Multicare Feline Reduced Calorie
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
DAILY FEEDING AMOUNTS
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats’ needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
Daily Feeding Guide
Body Weight(kg) Pouches 85g 2 1 2/3 - 2 1/4 3 2 1/4 - 3 4 2 3/4 - 3 3/4 5 3 1/4 - 4 1/2 6 3 3/4 - 5 1/4 7 + 2/3 per kg
Mixed Daily Feeding Guide
Body Weight(kg) Pouches 85g Dry grams 2 1 20 3 1 30 4 1 45 5 1 55 6 1 65 7 + 1 11 per kg
Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Urinary Stress Feline is a complete dietetic pet food for the reduction of struvite stone recurrence (cause of feline lower urinary tract disease, FLUTD) in adult cats. This dietetic pet food has urine acidifying properties and contains a moderate level of magnesium.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
with Salmon: Chicken, pork, salmon (4%), pea protein concentrate, wheat flour, tapioca starch, maize starch, various sugars, minerals, dried whole eggs, cellulose, yeasts, animal protein powder, DL-methionine, sunflower oil, fish oil, vitamins, trace elements, taurine, cartilage hydrolysate, milk protein hydrolysate, L-tryptophan, crustacean shell hydrolysate. Coloured with natural caramel.
851 kcal/kg (85 kcal/cup)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 8.8 44.2 10.4 g / 100 kcal Fat 4.2 20.9 4.9 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 0.2 1.1 0.3 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 5.5 27.6 6.5 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.16 0.81 190 mg / 100 kcal Phospohorus 0.14 0.68 160 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.08 0.38 90 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.15 0.73 173 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.012 0.062 14 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.07 0.35 80 mg / 100 kcal L-carnitine 6.7 ppm 33.5 ppm 0.79 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 161 IU/kg 803 IU/kg 18.87 IU / 100 kcal DHA 0.065 0.326 76.7 mg / 100 kcal Omega-3-fatty acids 0.21 1.05 247 mg / 100 kcal Omega-6-fatty acids 0.80 3.99 937 mg / 100 kcal Chondroitin Sulphate 108 ppm 542 ppm 12.74 mg / 100 kcal Glucosamine 110 ppm 552 ppm 13 mg / 100 kcal Beta-carotene 1.00 ppm 5.00 ppm 0.12 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 17031 IU/kg 85153 IU/kg 2001 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin D 333 IU/kg 1663 IU/kg 39.1 IU / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.