Clinically proven to dissolve struvite uroliths in cats.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Energy Increased Reduces food intake and thereby mineral intake. Magnesium; Phosphorus Reduced Decreases urinary concentration of struvite constituents, magnesium and phosphate. Target urinary pH Acid: pH 5.9 - 6.1 Increases the solubility of struvite. Vitamin E; Beta-carotene High Helps neutralise free radicals to help combat urolithiasis. Vitamin C Not added Vitamin C is a precursor of oxalate and may increase the risk of calcium oxalate formation during struvite dissolution
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
- Dissolution of struvite uroliths
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Feeding long term without monitoring acid-base status (because of urine acidifying properties)
- Cats with non-struvite uroliths
- Cats with kidney disease or metabolic acidosis
- Do not give urinary acidifiers when feeding s/d™ Feline
- Monitor the urine throughout dissolution and control urinary tract infection, if present. Urinary pH will increase if infection with urease-producing bacteria is not eliminated. Urinary pH must be acidic for successful dissolution.
- After initially feeding s/d™ Feline for 2-3 months, the recurrence of struvite-associated FLUTD can be reduced by feeding Prescription Diet™ c/d™Multicare Feline, or c/d™ MulticareFeline Reduced Calorie or w/d™ Feline.
- If FLUTD should recur when only c/d™ Multicare Feline or c/d™ MulticareFeline Reduced Calorie or w/d™Feline is being fed, monitor urine pH, check for urinary tract infection or re-evaluate the type of uroliths and crystals.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
- Following successful dissolution of struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Multicare Feline or c/d™Multicare Feline Reduced Calorie
- Following successful dissolution of struvite, if prone to being overweight:Prescription Diet™ c/d™ MulticareFeline Reduced Calorie or w/d™Feline.
- To control oxalate uroliths:Prescription Diet™ c/d™ MulticareFeline or c/d™ Multicare Feline Reduced Calorie.
- To control urate or cystine uroliths:Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
Daily Feeding Guide
Body Weight(kg) Dry grams 2 30 - 40 3 40 - 55 4 50 - 65 5 55 - 80 6 65 - 90 7 + 11 per kg
Mixed Daily Feeding Guide
Body Weight(kg) Cans 156 g Dry grams 2 1/2 10 3 1/2 20 4 1 10 5 1 20 6 1 30 7 + 1 6 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Chicken: Chicken (39%) and turkey meal, maize, brewers' rice, animal fat, maize gluten meal, soybean oil, dried whole egg, minerals, digest, taurine, vitamins, trace elements and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
4173 kcal/kg (417 kcal/cup)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 31.7 34.3 7.6 g / 100 kcal Fat 23.3 25.2 5.6 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 0.7 0.7 0.2 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 30.9 33.4 7.4 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.86 0.93 206 mg / 100 kcal Phospohorus 0.71 0.77 170 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.32 0.35 77 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.92 0.99 219 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.063 0.068 15 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.19 0.21 45 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 551 IU/kg 596 IU/kg 13.21 IU / 100 kcal Omega-3-fatty acids 0.43 0.47 103 mg / 100 kcal Omega-6-fatty acids 4.60 4.97 1101 mg / 100 kcal Crude Ash 5.9 6.4 1.4 g / 100 kcal Beta-carotene 3.09 ppm 3.35 ppm 0.07 mg / 100 kcal Sulphur 0.75 0.81 180.64 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 6040 IU/kg 6530 IU/kg 145 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin D 600 IU/kg 648 IU/kg 14.4 IU / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ s/d™ Feline Chicken contains oz. by weight.