Clinically proven to help reduce allergic reactions to food.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Protein Single intact novel animal source. Moderate amount of high digestibility. Helps avoid common food allergens. Limits the amount of undigested protein in the intestinal tract able to provoke an adverse reaction. Number of novel protein formulas Six (4 canned and 2 dry) Increased choice (related to suspected adverse food reactions and patient preference). Carbohydrate Solely from potato or rice Adverse reaction to potato or rice is rare. Omega-6 fatty acids High Visible improvement in skin and coat. Omega-3 fatty acids High Helps limit the skin reaction. Clinically proven antioxidants Added Neutralises free radicals in the skin cells which are particularly sensitive to them.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
- Initial management of dogs with any skin condition.
- Allergic dermatitis, food-related or atopic.
- Adverse food reaction (food allergy or food intolerance) with dermatological or gastrointestinal signs.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis.
- Use as an elimination food.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
- Six novel protein formulas combine a single novel animal protein source (venison, duck, salmon or lamb) with a single source of carbohydrate and vegetable protein (potato or rice).
- For increased palatability, the dry formula is coated with hydrolysed animal proteins, which are very unlikely to elicit allergic reactions.
- Can benefit dogs with chronic otitis externa, interdigital pruritus or perianal pruritus (which can be signs of an adverse food reaction) and with atopy.
- Also benefits dogs with non-allergic skin conditions by providing essential nutrients. Fish oil, highly purified to exclude any protein residue, is added as a source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
- For use as an elimination food for maximum reliability in the identification of adverse food reactions: Prescription Diet™ z/d™ Canine canned or dry.
- To manage and eliminate adverse food reactions: Prescription Diet™ z/d™ Canine.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because dogs' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the optimal body weight
Daily Feeding Guide
Body Weight(kg) Dry grams 2.5 50 - 70 5 85 - 115 10 140 - 195 20 240 - 330 30 325 - 450 40 400 - 555 50 475 - 655 60 + 10 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
with Duck and Rice: Brewers' rice (50%), duck (37%) meal, animal fat, digest, soybean oil, minerals, cellulose, fish oil, L-lysine, vitamins, taurine, trace elements, L-tryptophan and beta-carotene. With natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
3724 kcal/kg (372 kcal/cup)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 15.9 17.3 4.3 g / 100 kcal Fat 14.6 15.8 3.9 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 1.2 1.3 0.3 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 55.1 59.9 14.8 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.84 0.92 227 mg / 100 kcal Phospohorus 0.59 0.65 160 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.32 0.35 86 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.66 0.71 177 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.105 0.114 28 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.09 0.10 25 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin C 107 ppm 116 ppm 2.87 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 613 IU/kg 667 IU/kg 16.47 IU / 100 kcal DHA 0.130 0.141 34.8 mg / 100 kcal Omega-3-fatty acids 0.67 0.73 181 mg / 100 kcal Omega-6-fatty acids 3.03 3.29 813 mg / 100 kcal Crude Ash 5.1 5.6 1.4 g / 100 kcal Beta-carotene 2.33 ppm 2.53 ppm 0.06 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 13980 IU/kg 15195 IU/kg 375 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin D 923 IU/kg 1003 IU/kg 24.8 IU / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ d/d™ Canine Duck & Rice contains oz. by weight.