Metabolic is a breakthrough nutrition, proven both clinically, safely supporting weight loss and maintenance, and at home with 96% weight loss success for dogs.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Scientifically formulated nutrient complex High Provides appetite regulation, reduces inflammation and improves energy metabolism Fibre High Soluble and insoluble fibre to trigger satiety, control appetite and maintain gastrointestinal health L-carnitine High Helps dogs burn fat while sparing lean muscle mass, resulting in more effective weight loss L-Lysine High Helps metabolise fat for energy production and maintain lean body mass Superior antioxidant formula High Defend cells from free radical oxidation, promoting a healthy immune system
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Overweight and obese dogs
- Weight maintenance after weight loss
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
Information on this page relates to the complete pet food Prescription Diet™ Metabolic Canine Advanced Weight Solution and relates to treats only where expressly stated
- Clinically proven to safely provide 28% body fat loss in 2 months in dogs.*
- Clinically proven to avoid weight regain following a weight loss programme.*
- Maintains effective and safe rate of up to 1-2% body weight loss weekly during weight loss period.*
- The nutrition of Metabolic is clinically proven to work with each dog’s unique energy expenditure, activating the body’s natural ability to burn excess body fat and affect calorie utilisation.
- Feed Metabolic Canine Treats appropriately along with Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution to help achieve and maintain healthy body weight
First proven in the real world:
- In an in-home feeding study, 96% of dogs experienced weight loss within 2 months.*
- 86% of clients who own dogs would recommend the Metabolic formula to their friends with overweight dogs.*
Safe weight loss and maintenance:
- When healthy weight is achieved, feeding amounts need to be adjusted to maintain ideal weight.
- May transition to Science Plan™ Canine Light or Vet Essentials Canine if weight is successfully maintained.
* Data on file, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
DAILY FEEDING AMOUNTS
These ranges are a starting point only, because dogs' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Determine the amount to feed based on the target weight rather than the current weight.
FOR WEIGHT CONTROL: Patient should be monitored to ensure proper body weight is maintained. Increase food amounts accordingly.
When feeding for the first time, mix increasing amounts of the pet’s new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
For Weight loss For Weight Maintenance Ideal Body Weight kg Cans 370 g Cans 370 g 2.5 1/2 2/3 5 2/3 1 10 1 1/3 2 20 2 3 1/3 30 2 2/3 4 1/2 40 3 1/2 5 1/2 50 4 6 1/2 60 + 4 2/3 7 1/2
Mixed feeding guide
For Weight loss For Weight Maintenance Ideal Body Weight kg Cans 370 g Dry grams Cans 370 g Dry grams 2.5 1/4 20 1/2 20 5 1/2 25 1/2 70 10 1 25 1 100 20 1 110 1 235 30 2 80 2 255 40 2 150 2 365 50 2 215 2 470 60 + 2 4 per kg 2 9 per kg
Prescription Diet™ Metabolic Canine is a complete dietetic pet food for the reduction of excessive body weight and maintenance of healthy weight in adult dogs. This dietetic pet food has a low energy density.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Pork, maize, egg whites, chicken, cellulose, rice, tomato pomace, flaxseed, coconut oil, minerals, DL-methionine, carrot powder, L-leucine, salt, vitamins, trace elements, taurine, L-carnitine, beta-carotene.
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 7.2 28.1 8.4 g / 100 kcal Fat 3.4 13.4 4.0 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 4.0 15.5 4.6 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 9.5 37.3 11.1 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.20 0.80 238 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.10 0.38 113 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.21 0.84 249 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.024 0.093 28 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.04 0.16 45 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin C 30 ppm 119 ppm 3.54 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 145 IU/kg 567 IU/kg 16.86 IU / 100 kcal DHA 0.008 0.030 8.8 mg / 100 kcal Omega-3-fatty acids 0.23 0.90 269 mg / 100 kcal Omega-6-fatty acids 0.68 2.64 785 mg / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.