Metabolic is a breakthrough nutrition, proven both clinically, safely supporting weight loss and maintenance, and at home with 96% weight loss success for dogs.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Scientifically formulated nutrient complex High Provides appetite regulation, reduces inflammation and improves energy metabolism Fibre High Soluble and insoluble fibre to trigger satiety, control appetite and maintain gastrointestinal health L-carnitine High Helps dogs burn fat while sparing lean muscle mass, resulting in more effective weight loss L-Lysine High Helps metabolise fat for energy production and maintain lean body mass Superior antioxidant formula High Defend cells from free radical oxidation, promoting a healthy immune system
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
- Overweight and obese dogs
- Weight maintenance after weight loss
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
Information on this page relates to the complete pet food Prescription Diet™ Metabolic Canine Advanced Weight Solution and relates to treats only where expressly stated
- Clinically proven to safely provide 28% body fat loss in 2 months in dogs.*
- Clinically proven to avoid weight regain following a weight loss programme.*
- Maintains effective and safe rate of up to 1-2% body weight loss weekly during weight loss period.*
- The nutrition of Metabolic is clinically proven to work with each dog’s unique energy expenditure, activating the body’s natural ability to burn excess body fat and affect calorie utilisation.
- Feed Metabolic Canine Treats appropriately along with Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution to help achieve and maintain healthy body weight
First proven in the real world:
- In an in-home feeding study, 96% of dogs experienced weight loss within 2 months.*
- 86% of clients who own dogs would recommend the Metabolic formula to their friends with overweight dogs.*
Safe weight loss and maintenance:
- When healthy weight is achieved, feeding amounts need to be adjusted to maintain ideal weight.
- May transition to Science Plan™ Canine Light or Vet Essentials Canine if weight is successfully maintained.
* Data on file, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
DAILY FEEDING AMOUNTS
These ranges are a startingpoint only, because dogs' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amountto maintain optimal body weight.
FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Determine the amount to feed based on the target weight rather than the current weight.
FOR WEIGHT CONTROL: Patient should be monitored to ensure proper body weight is maintained.Increase food amounts accordingly.
When feeding forthe first time, mix increasing amounts of the pet’s new food with decreasingamounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
Daily Feeding Guide
For Weight loss For Weight Maintenance Ideal Body Weight kg Dry grams Dry grams 2.5 45 70 5 75 120 10 125 200 20 210 335 30 285 460 40 355 570 50 420 675 60 + 8 per kg 12 per kg
Mixed Daily Feeding Guide for weight loss
For Weight loss Ideal Body Weight Cans 370 g Dry grams 2.5 1/4 15 5 1/2 20 10 1 20 20 1 105 30 2 80 40 2 150 50 2 210 60 + 2 4 per kg
Mixed Daily Feeding Guide for weight maintenance
For Weight Maintenance Ideal Body Weight kg Cans 370 g Dry grams 2.5 1/2 15 5 1/2 65 10 1 95 20 1 230 30 2 245 40 2 360 50 2 460 60 + 2 9 per kg
Prescription Diet™ Metabolic Canine is a complete dietetic pet food for the reduction of excessive body weight and maintenance of healthy weight in adult dogs. This dietetic pet food has a low energy density.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
with Chicken: wheat, chicken (17%) and turkey meal, maize gluten meal, pea bran meal, maize, dried tomato pomace, digest, cellulose, flaxseed, animal fat, dried beet pulp, coconut oil, dried carrot, vitamins, trace elements and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
3107 kcal/kg (311 kcal/cup)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 25.3 27.6 8.1 g / 100 kcal Fat 11.1 12.2 3.6 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 12.9 14.1 4.2 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 36.7 40.2 11.8 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.83 0.90 266 mg / 100 kcal Phospohorus 0.62 0.68 200 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.34 0.37 109 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.77 0.84 248 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.128 0.140 41 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.11 0.12 34 mg / 100 kcal L-carnitine 288.6 ppm 315.4 ppm 9.29 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin C 133 ppm 146 ppm 4.29 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 974 IU/kg 1064 IU/kg 31.35 IU / 100 kcal Omega-3-fatty acids 0.73 0.79 234 mg / 100 kcal Omega-6-fatty acids 2.12 2.32 683 mg / 100 kcal Crude Ash 5.4 6.0 1.8 g / 100 kcal Beta-carotene 4.22 ppm 4.61 ppm 0.14 mg / 100 kcal L-lysine 1.73 1.89 556 mg / 100 kcal Total dietary Fiber 24.2 26.5 7.8 g / 100 kcal Vitamin A 10902 IU/kg 11914 IU/kg 351 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin D 751 IU/kg 821 IU/kg 24.2 IU / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ Metabolic Canine with Chicken contains 2.9 oz. by weight.