Precisely balanced nutrition to meet the additional energy needs of active, working and hunting dogs. With clinically proven antioxidants.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Energy density; Fat; Fat digestibility High Meets energy requirements of active dogs without the need for large meals. Allows fussy eaters to obtain sufficient energy. Protein; Phosphorus; Sodium Controlled Provides an ideal balance for good health. Avoids excessive intake which may contribute to ill health. Palatability High Encourages adequate intake in tired dogs and fussy eaters. Superior antioxidant formula Added Neutralises free radicals and helps maintain a healthy immune system.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's™ Science Plan™ foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Adult dogs, that require a higher energy density
(i.e. working, hunting and sled dogs, fussy eaters and dogs that are stressed or nervous).
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches. During pregnancy and lactation bitches should be switched to Science Plan™ Puppy Healthy Development™ formula (other than Science Plan™ Puppy Healthy Development™ Large Breed).
- Dogs that are inactive or otherwise obesity-prone
- Dogs with hyperlipidaemia
- During periods of greater activity, feed a quarter to a third of the Daily Feeding Amount 2-4 hours before the activity starts. Then in the evening (at least one hour after the activity has finished) feed the dog free choice (i.e. ad lib.) for about 30 minutes.
- During periods when dogs are not working, switch back to Science Plan™ Canine Adult Advanced Fitness™.
- Sufficient fresh water should always be available, even during periods of work.
- Science Plan™ Canine Adult Performance™ is very different from the pet foods dogs typically eat, and unless it is slowly introduced there may be a gastrointestinal upset. The percentage of Science Plan™ Canine Adult Performance™ fed daily should be slowly increased over 7 days from 25 % of the total ration to 100 %.
- Adult dogs should be fed only sufficient food to maintain their optimal body weight.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only because animals’ needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
To obtain a realistic estimate of the daily intake of Science PlanTM Canine Adult PerformanceTM required by more active dogs, the amounts in the Daily Feeding amounts table should be multiplied by the following factors:
1 hour’s light work = 1.1
1 full day’s light work = 1.4 - 1.5
1 full day’s hard work = 2 – 4
Cold weather = 1.25 - 1.75
Body Weight (kg) Dry grams 2.5 55 5 90 7.5 120 10 150 20 255 30 340 40 425 50 500 60 + 10 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Maize, chicken and turkey meal, animal fat, dried beet pulp, vegetable oil, digest, minerals, dried whole egg, flaxseed.
4195 kcal/kg (420 kcal/cup)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Moisture 7.5 Protein 28.2 30.5 6.7 g / 100 kcal Fat 24.1 26.1 5.8 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 33.0 35.7 7.9 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 1.6 1.7 0.4 g / 100 kcal Crude Ash 5.6 6.0 1.3 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.95 1.03 228 mg / 100 kcal Phospohorus 0.70 0.76 167 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.75 0.81 179 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.36 0.39 87 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.083 0.090 20 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 6346 IU/kg 6860 IU/kg 151 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin C 101 ppm 109 ppm 2.41 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin D 513 IU/kg 555 IU/kg 12.2 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin E 605 IU/kg 654 IU/kg 14.43 IU / 100 kcal Omega-3-fatty acids 0.53 0.57 127 mg / 100 kcal Omega-6-fatty acids 4.43 4.79 1057 mg / 100 kcal Beta-carotene 2.41 ppm 2.60 ppm 0.06 mg / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's Science Plan Adult Performance Dry Dog Food Chicken Flavour contains oz. by weight.